Having a baby is expensive and hiring a photographer to do your newborn photos is just one more cost. Is it worth it?
First off, I think you have to be realistic about what you can afford. No one NEEDS a professional photographer to take newborn photos, everyone NEEDS diapers of some sort, cloths, clothes for your baby, etc. However, if a professional photographer is something you can budget but are not sure if it’s really worth it here are a few things to think about.
- Are you a photo person? Personally, I LOVE looking over old photos and putting them on my wall. I know my kids love it too. They adore going through photo albums of themselves and seeing what they looked like as a baby.
- Do you take all the photos? I know a lot of moms don’t have any photos of themselves with their babies. I think it’s important for your children to look back at these photos and know that mom was there too.
- Maybe you don’t take any photos at all? I have friends who just don’t take any photos even on their mobile phones. I know that down the line they’ve told me they wish they had more photos of their kids when they were young, and that they can hardly remember what they looked like as a baby.
- Do you dislike all the photos of yourself? Did you know that a professional photographer knows how to pose you in flattering poses in the best light?
- Do you think you will really regret it? In ten years will you regret spending the money on photos?
I think of professional photos as a gift both for yourself and for your children. However, it’s always a personal decision and you need to make sure it works for you!
You might also like
February 27, 2017
June 20, 2016