Why I’m a holiday minis photographer!
Most of the photographs you see that I do are usually in-home or outdoors but a few times of year I pull out the studio paper and do minis (or as I call them portrait pop ups) photography. Why am I a holiday minis photographer?
There are a few reasons:
- I get a lot of requests for studio photography. But setting up a backdrop is a pain in the bum my friends! It’s hard work to clear the studio, haul everything in, and set up. I usually pinch a finger on the backdrop stand and am sweating and swearing by the end of it. This way, I only have to set it up once and can capture a bunch of families. Less swearing… less sweating
- I get a lot of requests for people who just want a couple photos. Doing these shorter sessions allows me to just capture the main portraits that some families prefer.
- I also get told a lot of kids won’t last for a full portrait session. 20 minutes and you’re in and out.
- It can be easier to convince your husband if the photo session is only 20 minutes – I know that.
- Budget. Shorter sessions and fewer photos equals a smaller price tag that I know works better for some families.
- It’s fun to switch it up creatively for me. There’s a beauty and simplicity in these classic portrait sessions. The lighting is always right and it’s fun to create a killer portrait.
- It’s good to keep honing my lighting skills. I’ve learned over time my lighting preference with the studio lights and am always improving.
Have you ever had your photos taken by a holiday minis photographer?
Would you like to book with me?
Questions? Contact me! I can’t wait to hear from you!